What is Cardano’s potential for the future?

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

1 Like

In January? That cant be right…

1 Like

This… I love how cardano is developed with the future in mind. And being peer reviewed is extremely difficult. The credibility will grow stronger when other blockchains have troubles that cardano has already solved with their fundamentals.

4 Likes

Great post, People also assume the market cap for all cryptos isn’t going to grow, this is a false assumption.

2 Likes

With the Daedalus issues, my guess is that it won’t go that far, I mean…this was ment to be the next gen. crypto, taking over the world, and we are stuck with a crappy wallet that doesn’t work, looks like a child made it, and what drives me nuts is that is based on Chrome browser or something, you can “inspect element” if you right click, and yeah … if you don’t use it daily it’ll take one hour to sync, plus…it connects to Amazon cloud hosting and a cloud host site that saves logs files. At this moment I am truly disapointed by this project, so far people said only good things about it, but, if we don’t point out the flaws we are lying to ourself and in the end we all have to loose.

I forgot to mention… I am also stuck on “Connecting to Network”, and whatever I tried didn’t work, but, I’m not bother with it anymore, I will uninstall it b/c it’s useless anyway. When I’ll see a versions like Electrum for instance, I’ll give it another try.

1 Like

I am sorry to read you are having difficulties with Deadalus. I dont experience the same. Maybe the problem lies on clientside?

I’m not super worried, just that it doesn’t work for now, I know that these are the first steps, and maybe they start with the left feet with Daedalus.

I gave up on using it, I really think that it’s safer to keep ADA in the exchange (for now), it’s quite uselss at this stage, maybe it was intended for people who contributed in the ICO so they can redeem their coins, dunno…

Anyway, too many people are having issues on the client side, that’s really not a good thing, I mean, tons of various apps. connect daily to their servers, but Daedalus can’t connect to the mothership : ) ,let’s not blame the clients to much on this issue.

I know that in the future it will work ok, so let’s wait a couple of months and give 'em some time, this is a huge project and it won’t be stopped by small issues, I am sure about that!

It’s not client side. I’ve had the wallet for 2 weeks and haven’t had any issues. Today, I closed it and relaunched it. Now it’s stuck at “synching blocks 99.35%.”

EDIT: A reboot of my computer took care of it.

andone, Charles is indeed brilliant and definitely has a gift for speaking and passing out information. All the videos I’ve watched about him talking about Blockchain and the future of cryptocurrencies have been inspiring and interesting to me. I went all in as well… Here’s to a bright future ahead and believing/investing in ADA/Cardano :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wallet is a little buggy but it’s far from being un-usable or shitty… Been using the wallet for nearly a month now and had no issues except for the long wait when I tried to delete wallet and restore it to see if it was working 100%…

My Daedalus is working good.

If you think Cardano isn’t going to prosper simply because the wallet needs to be more polished etc, I feel sorry for you… Cardano is going to be huge and it’s just a matter of time before most realize it. Issues and bugs on the wallet isn’t going to keep me from not investing in this project.

3 Likes

Man, I said that I’m not super worried, I was a little upset when I wrote that, but some thruth is still there, I know that everything is in beta now, I know that this is a long term project and the team behind it is amazing, just that I didn’t expected that so many people to have issues with the wallet, which is a vital part of the story, I would also like to move some coins in my walley, but at this point I can’t, I’m waiting for the new versions and hopefully you won’t have to wait forever to sync, imagine if you want to send a small amount worth of ADA to someone nowadays.

I also have high hopes for ADA, but don’t forget that are other players out there as well, if you are super excited about this I would recomment to buy some other alt coins as well, see how Ripple takes off these days.

Since this thread is getting a bit popular, I must say again that I do trust Cardano, I do own coins, and I do want this project to prosper, I don’t want to talk sh*t about it and / or scare people away.

1 Like

Exactly, thank you! : )

Well…let’s give 'em some time, I am 100% positive that they will fix it.

They said that they want to issue some debit cards in the future, so, patience is a virtue I guess…

Takes me 5 mins to sync my wallet… But I get your frustration. Just give it time, they will get the issues sorted out.

1 Like

I fix it today! Yay! It’s working, and I have the latest update, 1.0.3769.

Here is what I did, in case other people are stuck.

I deleted all the files from the “roaming” folder,
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus

But, I kept the already downloaded blockchain folder DB-1.0,

The new sync took 5 minutes max.

I don’t think that it matters, but I installed the first version (daedalus-win64-1.0.3402.0-installer)
then I created a new wallet and Daedalus asked me to update, I hit update and I restarted the wallet app. (not the computer, just the app.)

To be back on topic, I heard analysts saying that ADA will be around $5 in the next 5 years, but… as I see this technology evolving so fast, I would dare to make a bet and say that it will be much more than that.

The Cardano team said that they will take the next big step with Shelley in Q2 2018, but people already want to join in, it’s almost like the team can’t keep up with the demand, and with that being said… I can’t be more happier than that, I’m glad that I’m one of the early adopters and I hope that good time will come for all of us, for the world in general, because I’m really sick and tired of how this world is rulled by the governments and I feel that a good change is in the air, smells like the 90’s again : ) whohooo!

3 Likes

Buy a ssd hardisk + i7

I have both and never had a problem with Daedalus wallet.
But I can’t see heavy resource usage. Power consumption increases by less than 5W after startup (cardano-node + daedalus wallet running)
CPU usage and disk io is pretty moderate.

Do it with light coin faster than bitcoin ether

On which platform can you buy ADA with LTC???

I suggested ltc for faster abd cheaper transfer so when u buy ltc in coinbase and send it to bittrex and then convert it to btc then can buy ada
Cheaper and a lot faster then btc

That is basically what I said 3 weeks ago. Stay away from BTC.

1 Like