When will Cardano do marketing?

The Evolution has begun.

Join the Evolution.

1 Like

Agreed to a point but “education is promotion”, it IS marketing, when you educate you both promote and market… that’s all I want to see more of… where did they start, what did they do, where are they now, what has changed and why, what have been there biggest successes and how do they stack up to all the POW guys etc… what is the future and what are proposed timelines? I know the roadmap is their timeline but not accurate obviously.

I totally agree that an educational effort is paramount. I am certainly not suggesting we do one or the other I would like to do both and more.

1 Like

Imagine if each one of the community started a Meetup group promoting Cardano.

Evolution.

This “joining the Evolution” angle is fantastic. All that is required to support the Evolution is to buy and hold ADA. By simply owning ADA, one is shifting away from the current fucked up fiat system and into the new paradigm.

I agree with that.

1 Like

Okay. I am watching a documentary on advertising and this flashed on the screen. I did not include some writing at the bottom when I took the picture, but I didn’t alter the picture at all.

I’m not sayin’ anything. I’m just sayin’.

It’s probably Divinely inspired.

I mean the word “Revolution” is even implied, as it is in the slogan.

People like names. Names = Identity. A name change might be considered unlikely as that would be. A name that is sticky and easy to remember to the common person. It’s easy for us, but generally 2 syllables and your Mon-Ey. And before anyone starts bashing, I’m not saying that there aren’t any successful companies with more than 2 syllables OK. What I’m saying is the shorter the better, generally. And not trying to bash on you. I liked what you had to say.

When will Cardano do marketing? they are already in the marketing, and as investor I entirely approve the strategy. If I am not mistaken, Cardano is aiming for the big institutions first, and the mass will follow. Getting the trust and respect of the big institutions is the best marketing strategy in my opinion. Imagine that Cardano teams succeed to list ADA on BAKKT, FIDELITY… or on european institutional funds, ADA can easily go to $500+ in the next bull runs. With the current geo/eco/politico situation, we are going to cashless societies, the markets stocks is /will crash, Bitcoin will loose his position of number 1 (replace by XRP which may become in the coming months the next SDR). the institutions are buying cryptocurrencies heavily on OTC. The next bull run will be massive. As we did with Cardano, the mass will be looking for projects in which they can trust to invest. In the article below, Ripple, Nem, Cardano teams are promoting Blockchain in europe, each of the projects have different goals, they are worth investing in (Ripple (XRP), Nem (XEM), Cardano (ADA)). In my opinion, all the projects are keeping the "real/big " announcements for the next bull run. I wish I can buy more ADA. If the stock markets continue to heavily crash, the bull run may start in the coming weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting people to buy ADA as an investment is vital, obviously. But I think that getting the general public using ADA as $ to purchase goods and services is an equal goal, I believe. So we need to get the word out to the general public at some point.

I agree that the next bull run is going to be perhaps the largest stampede in history. That bull run might happen late this year into early 2019.

So what if we got the Cardano name into mainstream before and during that bull run?

1. John Doe sees a commercial about Cardano. John buys ADA before the bull run. ADA moons. John loves ADA forever.
  2. John sees a Cardano commercial. A week later he hears in the media that Bitcoin is going parabolic again. This time Joe knows there’s an option besides Bitcoin.

The Super Bowl is on Feb. 3. Bakkt opens Jan. 24. I’m not even kidding. One singular ad, like the Apple Super Bowl ad in 1984, could work like a tactical nuclear missile. Just as it was in 1984, the timing seems to be perfect.

One might think that it’s too early for something that ambitious, but I don’t think it is. We have a product: ADA. I think being the first crypto to get into social consciousness is HUGE. We can beat the whole future multi-trillion $ industry to the punch! We can get people thinking “Cardano” instead of “Bitcoin” when people talk about crypto.

No offense but to even imply it could go to $500 is beyond reality. Look at the supply, not possible unless it becomes the world currency which those chances are next to zero, do you really think the world money powers that be would allow that? Nope. They killed Kennedy for even saying he was going to compete with the Fed.

IF they could come up with a great ad that excited people and they realized the ground floor entry potential I would fully agree that would be a great place to start.

1 Like

I’ve written that great ad. :grinning:

Well? Don’t hoard the goodies.

There are some great thoughts in this group!

I would just suggest more practicality in the approach, because:

• people are greedy (what’s in it for me … now?)
  • the attention spam is VERY limited (3 seconds according to the latest research?)
  • people are forgetful (what was Cardano again?)

At each educational/promotional stage, we need to give to the target group something very concrete to hold onto. Otherwise, the money and effort will be wasted.

This is why the speculative bubble is always present when new technology is developed; blockchain is certainly not an exception.

Long story short: in this stage, just to offer a vision to the consumers is not practical, IMO, and is not making us stand out from the crowd of dozens of well-known crypto projects and thousands overall.

I would suggest the first step: get much stronger among developers, institutions, and governments, and start building strong local communities among early adopters who can understand the vision and the practical services which will be possible (not consumers overall, certainly not the mass market). Any campaign, specific messages, USPs, experiential aspects, should take the specific group into account.

Also, very important: define offensive and defensive competitive strategies for each stage!! Others will not be sitting & waiting.

By building it all up with clearly defined stages, the long-term effect will be much stronger.

1 Like

Marketing will be extremely hard and unconventional, during the first few years, due to the current irrationality, paradoxicality, and of course infancy of the whole crypto market. To illustrate that:

1. Ethereum is the (one of the) most developed platforms. Check out the type and list of dapps to get a grasp of how limited and NOT useful it currently is (gambling … is that it?!). Where are some innovative, compelling use cases? Where are all the people who support it, I mean, are they using it for anything life-changing?

2. Price has absolutely nothing to do with the utility (current or future) of any platform. Fiat/crypto exchange rates can remain on current levels, they could also be much lower or much higher, and the platforms will work (not work) just the same. Coin or token future utility (other than for speculation) is completely decoupled from the current values.

3. TRUE competitive advantages do not exist, currently, not even among the top crypto projects. It truly may turn out to be a game of first mover’s advantage (in the 3rd generation), although we don’t see it yet.

I would like to hear comments and if marketing could really help with regard to the points above!

2 Likes

Institutional building is a great way but there must be something in unison, great marketing goes at the top 5 most likely audiences at the least. One thing crypto lacks most as a whole is a solid media outlet that people trust and isn’t the same old hype and promotion of any and everything crypto that also has the credibility and expertise to keep people up to date on the crypto sphere and related issues in a timely fashion.

1 Like