Ambassador Stories, Journal #21: Gabor & Tuan

Ambassador Stories, Journal #21: Gabor & Tuan

Welcome to the 21st journal of the “Ambassador Stories” series! :star_struck::tada:

New stories will be shared with you, whenever new ambassadors join our ranks and provide their stories.
You’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Gabor (MASK) (@Gabor_Peto) & Tuan (@tuan_lam) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Gabor, Ambassador Content Creator

Gabor has been active since the early days of the Cardano project and its community. He’s been busy developing a useful app some of you may know about: Pegasus Stake Pool App! During his activities of the Shelley ITN, he started contributing by providing useful tools to the end users to keep track and answer basic questions about stake pools via the app. We are extremely fortunate to have you active in our community, providing that value! Thank you for your time and effort. Keep us updated and we hope to hear and see more from you in the coming time.

(Gabor just does it! :muscle:)

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I am 32 and have been a professional software developer for the last 10 years. I’m originally from Hungary, but moved to London, UK at the age of 20. I have a 4 year old son with whom I like to spend my time. I am very interested in maths and physics (on a hobby level) and I used to take martial arts lessons (wing chun).

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

I’ve started looking into what crypto is in 2017 and watched the famous white board video from Charles when it came out. I was fascinated by Charles’ vision and by the extraordinary people working on the project. Since then I’ve been closely following every aspect of the project, watching every video and reading every blog post by the three entities.

3) Why Cardano?

As a programmer myself, I knew that if anything close to a new financial system were to be implemented, it can only be done with rigorous research and formally verified code. No other projects had similar principles in the cryptocurrency space at the time.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

Currently creator of the Pegasus Tool mobile app which is loved by many. I’m also contributing on Telegram to help other pool operators. I am also part of a private test group to test the early features of the cardano-node that we’ll be using for mainnet. In the future I plan to keep adding functionality to the mobile app and website and will create more content covering Cardano from a technology point of view.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

Cardano is to serve as an efficient and fair financial operating system for the world.*

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

Stay true to the original vision of the project, be positive and kind to each other and contribute to the ecosystem with whatever you do best. Everyone is good at something!

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Gabor’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum, via Twitter, or his own website.

—The End of Part 1.

7 Likes

Part 2: Tuan (@tuan_lam), Ambassador Content Creator

Tuan is also a Cardano OG, who joined early on and provides that valuable content to the community since the early days. In particular, help with the Cardano Wiki (community run and hosted Wiki website) and create the “Cardano MindMap”, which he’ll soon update and make even better than before! We’re looking forward to your upcoming content and are thankful to have you with us! See you around, Tuan!

(Tuan enjoying the sunset from a tall building :city_sunset:)

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

My name is Tuan Lam. I’m born in Vietnam and live in The Netherlands. I’m married and have 2 sons. My first computer was a Commodore 64 and later on PC XT Intel 8086 (with a turbo clock of 10 MHz :blush:). Unfortunately, back then I spent too much time on playing games, then actually learning how to program.

I started to appreciate and understand computer programming much later on, when I had to follow the class Programming C++ for my Master study.

Nowadays I feel lucky that I can earn my living with writing software and leading a small development team. My main focus is backend system integration. However, I also love creating web sites and mobile applications. C# and Azure Durable Functions are my best buddies, and I hope that someday Rust and Haskell will become my best friends as well!

In my spare time I enjoy running, reading non-fiction books, learn more about Cardano project, and last and not least: keep my stake pool healthy.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

Talking about missed opportunities, I have tried to mine Bitcoin when the price of 1 BTC was around 100 USD, which I found that it was too “expensive” to buy. However my mining adventure ended quite abruptly, because it wasn’t profitable, and I was young and impatient.

I have regained my interest in blockchain and crypto later on, and tried to understand more about blockchain use cases and its possibilities.

3) Why Cardano?

I started as an ADA Hodler and became more and more convinced of the great potential of the Cardano project, after doing more research and learning more about the Cardano ecosystem. The path that Charles and his team/partners have chosen, is definitely not an easy one. As a software developer, I know that laying a good foundation is very important. It takes time, persistency and hard work.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I will help to keep Cardano related mind maps up-to-date. I am hoping that my contribution will give more insight and provide a helicopter view of the Cardano ecosystem. And perhaps I can contribute in other areas with my experience and skills as well.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

Hope that we can implement a lot of use cases on top of Cardano Blockchain. And I think that the key for success is: encapsulate the complexity. Make Cardano tools and applications more accessible for non-technical users.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

First of all, stay safe and healthy. Be patience and help & support the Cardano team/community.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Tuan’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum and via the Cardano Wiki website!

—The End of Part 2.

We are truly blessed with such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next time, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

10 Likes

Welcome @Gabor_Peto and @Tuan_Lam !!

That Cardano MindMap looks awesome and it also seems to be a lot of work. Congrats and thanks for that! :clap: :pray:

2 Likes