Ambassador Stories, Journal #3 : Toshiaki, Priyank & Kenny

Welcome to the third journal of our recently announced “Ambassador Stories”! :star_struck:

Every week, you’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Toshiaki (@Toshi_Miyatake_Japan ), Priyank (@rdlrt ) and Kenny (@The_Cryptoviser ) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Toshiaki Miyatake, Meetup Organizer

Toshiaki has been a long time Cardano supporter, and has been at times an official representative of the Cardano Foundation & Emurgo (often in collaboration with IOHK) in Japan. He is regarded as the backbone of the Japanese community, travelling nationwide (and abroad) helping the Cardano community grow and educating them! His efforts are well noted across the ecosystem entities, and brings value to the ecosystem with his many connections and influence from previous experience.

Keep on going, Toshi! :100::muscle:

(Charles Hoskinson & Toshiaki Miyatake during the early days of Cardano, when meeting each other in Japan)

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

Hello everyone, my name is Toshiaki, but everyone calls me “Toshi”. In my previous career I worked at NRI, Nomura Research Institute as a system engineer. At Dell Computers in Japan, I worked as an IT consultant.

Furthermore, I also worked within Japanese political groups/organizations for several years. Then I started my own consulting company. From January 2017 to August 2018, I worked in Japan for community management at the Cardano Foundation. From September to December 2018, I worked as a meetup organizer at Emurgo. In 2019, I became the CEO of DAPPSTAR, Inc. in Japan. DAPPSTAR aims to be a Community Hub for Cardano in Japan. And it supports consultation and the development of DAPPS.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

In 2016, I first invested in Bitcoin. And also knew about Cardano at that time and decided to become a certified instructor. I’ve followed and had seminars for both Bitcoin and Cardano.

3) Why Cardano?

I was strongly attracted to the philosophy and vision of Mr. Charles Hoskinson and became a big fan of his work. Because I was a big fan, I was naturally very satisfied and happy to being able to help and work with the Cardano project. It was, and still is, a great pleasure!

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

In 2017, I built the Japanese Cardano Community on slack as a Cardano Foundation Community Manager. I operated within the Japanese community until Cardano launched in September of 2017, and responded to anyone who needed help or had complaints. Since then I have managed the Cardano Community on Slack and the Facebook group with the Cardano Foundation Community Team.
I have organized many Cardano meetups at various locations in Japan since October 2017, until present day, in more than 17 cities nationwide.

Sometimes, more than a 100 people participated at once during crypto peak times. I organized the Charles support team at the Japan Blockchain Conference in June 2018, and supported the seminar with handmade fans and other decorative items. I am currently also an administrator in the three Cardano Japan communities on the telegram. And last but not least, I organized a help desk tour with the cooperation of IOHK and Emurgo in March 2019. Even now, I continue organizing Cardano Meetups throughout Japan.

(One of Toshi’s hand-fans. Kids also seem to love Charles…because this is what happens when given to a 5 y/o.)

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

For them to provide financial services to three billion people that don’t have them using blockchain and peer-to-peer cryptocurrency innovations!

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

I believe that Cardano’s vision will come true. And many community members have this same view and wish. We hope for the warm and kind support of all of you from now on. See you around!

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Toshi’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum, via his forum account, on Twitter, his own Japanese Cardano Community Facebook group or on Telegram!

—The End of Part 1.

6 Likes

Ambassador Stories, Part 2: Priyank Desai, Moderator.

Priyank has been with the Cardano community for quite a long time, and has always been really helpful and a great resource to go to for the community, but also the Community Team whenever we need technical help or explaining! Especially in the Community Tech Support & Stakepools Best Practices Telegram chats! He has solved most, if not all technical issues that users had with their wallets, all on a voluntary basis!

(Priyank enjoying nature.)

My name is Priyank and I work as a Technical Consultant at a vendor in the Analytics Industry, usually on design, architecture, deployment & implementation phases. Understanding how things work behind the scenes is something that intrigues me a lot.

Socially, I would say I am quite the slow starter, but having stayed in different cultural backgrounds and geographic locations, this has made me friendly and someone easy-to-approach according to my surroundings. :slight_smile:

Besides the world of technology, I am most interested in spending brief, but fun times with friends, exploring nature, traveling and trying different cuisines!

Working on real-time event stream processing project for a financial organization, I was actually introduced to the blockchain technology first by a colleague, giving Bitcoin as an example. I wasn’t really attracted to the idea of digital cryptocurrency (as an alternate currency) at the time, mostly because I never looked too much into it. But the idea kept me interested - and the gradual information I stumbled upon (with dApp platforms usage) started to grow on me, until I hit the famous whiteboard video from Charles - which was a turning point for me.

3) Why Cardano?

The research-first driven approach, thought-process, transparency and goals for the project appealed to me the most. The strong foundation values almost killed the competition for me, and helped me start my never-ending learning journey into the field.

Try to assist wherever I can, whenever I can. You would find me mostly assisting - primarily - in Community Tech Support / Developers group, trying to troubleshoot issues faced by users, using logs / ways to replicate and work with the team to resolve. And occasionally ban a Troll or two…

I strongly believe in coming years - once the space matures beyond speculative views and market manipulation - Cardano would be one of the frontiers for adding a dimension to the existing financial mediums.

We’re at a unique advantage of learning technologies as they evolve - right from their infancy. Do not let this opportunity pass - get on the bandwagon - and let us all try our best to contribute, in the best way we can! :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Priyank’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum, via his forum account, or on Telegram!

—The End of Part 2.

7 Likes

Ambassador Stories, Part 3: Kenny Klein, Content Creator.

Kenny has recently applied for the Ambassador role and was accepted as a content creator, after having produced valuable and informative video contents on his Youtube channel! Please give him a warm welcome! :smiley:

Apart from providing market or price related videos, Kenny is also keen on focusing to produce and help educate the Cardano and wider crypto community with his content.

(Kenny when he visited the “Great Wall” in China.)

I am honored to become a Cardano Ambassador and love that the community has been so willing to support, welcome, and help guide me. I am super passionate about how new technologies such as blockchain, AI, automation are rapidly changing the world and how we operate in the world. It is fascinating to be part of the early stage development of a new way to manage money and finance.

I love traveling and drinking coffee!

I was working, like most people in corporate America for over ten years, and started questioning the sustainability of our society that is rapidly changing, becoming heavily automated, and new technologies were being developed that most of us aren’t even aware of. This is where I was also introduced to the cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies and began researching the field.

After researching and understanding the potential this new technology has, I began to document some of my research and created a Youtube channel to help drive awareness and education in this new space.

3) Why Cardano?

One of the things that I have loved about Cardano is seeing the evolution from the inception of the cryptocurrency being listed on exchanges back in 2017 through today. Cardano’s team, community involvement, community outreach, global execution, high level thinkers in the right positions, and the progress the project has made.

As I tell everyone, no other cryptocurrency/blockchain project is working at the pace Cardano is, at the global level of recognition and enthusiasm around the project, and obviously the governmental partnerships that Cardano is strategically and patiently securing. From the peer review to the transparency, Cardano continues to push ahead and break ground all over the world!

I am a content creator with my Youtube channel and publish daily videos on cryptocurrency news, developments, announcements, and investment value discussions around blockchain and cryptocurrencies.

I love that the community with Cardano runs the community. The project gets involved where needed, but Cardano meetups around the world are being organized and conducted by ordinary people who are passionate about the technology, integration of said technology in communities around the world, and the upcoming ‘decentralization phase’ of Cardano’s development.

DYOR! (Do your own research)! Learn about the technology, learn what the community is doing, and stay aware! Once decentralized, it is us, the community, who will run Cardano network. Focus on understanding the technology, how Cardano is being implemented around the world, and connect the dots…

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Kenny’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum, via his forum account, on Youtube or on Twitter!

—The End of Part 3.

Such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work! :100::muscle:

Until next week, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

8 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome to the Cardano community everyone!

3 Likes