Byron wallet restored with 0 balance

sorry viralgod. they f**ed up. The seed password does not restore the wallet. They will not admit it. IOHK support, bank support, telco support all the same corporate shit.

I canĀ“t believe this. I did not think it was possible to lose access with recovery phrase. Why is nobody addressing this issue that obviously many are having?

feline what can we do here? would it be effective to track down everyone with the same exact issue and bring it to their attention?

I do not know, I was able to restore wallet through the import of old wallet files. But I am with you, seed words must restore.
What to do, I do not know. I was very naive in 2017 thinking, crypto will change the world nonsense. Sorry.

Hi. I am having the exact same problem. I am 100 percent sure that my seed phrase is correct. I have successfully restored the wallet before. Unfortunately I do not have the secret key file to safe the dayā€¦ First of all because the first thing support advised me to do was to delete ALL related files and reinstall daedalus. Looking back that was a pretty bad advise!
Do any of you know any other solutions to the problem?

Do u have the 12 seed words for byron wallet? Try also on adalite.io and check if u see any transactions history

yes I have the 12 seed word phrase. I have tried both yoroi and adalite.io without any luck

But from which wallet is the 12 seed words?

For a byron wallet, yes

Which wallet, daedalus?

Yes. a byron wallet created in daedalus

Do u have the transaction from the Exchange whenu sent the ADA to the wallet?

Can u share the wallet address were the ada were sent (from Echange transaction history)?

Transaction ID: f5676c6b42751cfe3935aaf354ac001a1ec2b49a8bce3dc5c214fbba08560f4e
is the transaction when I originally transfered ADA from my yoroi wallet to the byron wallet in daedalus.

The output adressess can be seen in Transaction f5676c6b42751cfe3935aaf354ac001a1ec2b49a8bce3dc5c214fbba08560f4e - Cardanoscan

All wallets have been working fine until about a month ago.
Thanks for your time and patience by the way :slight_smile:

Are u talking about the wallet which has ~52,290 ADA balance?

This is a shelley wallet (you delegated the ADA) so u will need a:

• 24 seed words if it is a daedalus wallet
  • 15 seed words if it is an yoroi wallet
  • no seed words if it is a hardware wallet

Jesus christā€¦ Im an idiot, and you are absolutely correctā€¦ I got it mixed up, but now the wallet is successfully restored. Thank you!!
I will not take any more of your time

1 Like

MA218 So what exactly happened here? Did you restore another wallet? Did you have the receive tab in the 0 balance wallet that you restored?

he restored the byron wallet but the funds were in shelley wallet (used wrong seed words)

thanks for the quick responseā€¦

i seeā€¦ what about everybody that experienced the same 0 balance issueā€¦ everyone with the secret.key file was able to recover balanceā€¦ doesnā€™t that prove that there is an issue with wallet update? will they be able to fix this in the future?

you must be 100% sure for this affirmation, I had daedalus and I recovered with successā€¦ now. can you share the transaction ID when u moved the funds from Exchange to Daedalus?

this is the transaction id: 542fe4ce20cd872cf773de5949c282edccb657a0990ab78665a565edce230f27