Restored my Daedalus wallet - synced 100% = balance zero

So after I first installed the Daedalus wallet I transfered ADA into from Bittrex, the transaction was successfull and the ADA was in my wallet. But after that first time I used the wallet It stopped working. It stopped on ‘syncing blocks’ or ‘connection to network’. So reinstalled a couple of times and finally It would sync the blockchain 100% and I restored it. Now the balance shows 0 ADA and zero transactions.
I did check out https://cardanoexplorer.com/ with the adress and It shows that the ADA is still in that adress.
I have restarted the computer with no success.

Any Ideas what to do here?

I have the same problem here.

so…what did you do? did you get your ADA back? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You write "sync the blockchain 100% and I restored it"
The question is what you mean with “restored it” ?
The blockchain just synched by 100% or your previous personal wallet?
If not yet try this

We haven’t had any reports of this via support desk. It is not impossible that the balance check process quit before finishing, but you would have to send logs in. Daedaluswallet faq. I would try again and make sure your computer doesn’t sleep during the process.

At first I had issues with connecting to the network - running a bat file helped me. After that, literally the same thing happened to me like to OP, it can’t be a coincidence. Used my recovery phrase to restore my wallet, after that it showed me balance of 0 ADA. Also used cardanoexplorer and it shows proper balance.

EDIT:
Fixed the problem. Had to delete whole %APPDATA%\Daedalus catalog and reinstall the program. This thing happens when for some reason you close the app during wallet restoration.Deleting only Wallet-1.0 does not solve the issue, everything has to removed.

EDIT 2:
I just wanted to say that confusing thing is that if your turn on Daedalus after closing it while restoring, your wallet is added to the list anyway. Deleting Wallet-1.0 removes it, and if you try to restore your wallet once more, it gets successfully added almost instantly without fixing your account balance :sweat_smile:

Missin ADA after restoring the wallet
Restoring Deadalus Wallet - Help

aurustius solution helped. Thanks a lot!

I’m glad it helped you :slight_smile: Now that we know where the issue is, daedalus developers can reproduce and hopefully fix it :smile:

So I’ve tried to delete the %appdata%/Daedalus and re-installing the program. Still shows zero ADA and zero transactions. @io_jeremy The computer havent slept during the process, Im sure of that. It’s an “old” adress that I sent the ADA too. I know that shouldn’t have anything to do with it, but I see more people having the same problem. Any Ideas?

If you have followed the instructions of deleting the wallet 1.0 file and serect file, we should probably take a look. On Daedalus wallet faq, send in your logs. Also send message that I sent you.

Hi there, I experience exact same issue, after syncing the wallet 100%, the balance shows ZERO and no transactions records, did you get your issue fixed? I am trying to restore the wallet but the lead time is awfully long…

Hi there, I’ve got my issue resolved, simply reinstall a clean wallet and restore the wallet your ADA is storing, it took me 9 hours for the blockchain downloading, and another 30 min. for the wallet restore, then the ADA is back without any losing.

Hope this helps.

@overlord - I’ve tried doing this a couple of times, but the balance dont show, neither do the transactions. So I’ve sent the logs to support and hopefully they will resolve the matter.

I am having the same problem. Zero ADA balance in my wallet. Reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows, uninstalled/reinstalled Daed, deleted appdata, but still 0 balance. Can someone from support help me with this?!

Can you please explain what you mean? I transferred ada and then was not able to open the wallet, before i delete it and reinstall i want to make sure i do everything correctly

But if you delete the appdata catalog doesnt that also delete your logs?

I have been experiencing the same problem. I followed the instruction to delete the %appdata% and still showing 1 transaction in and 0.00 balance, I’ve checked the transaction details and everything shows that the balance should be in the wallet. @io_jeremy how do I send more info? I just want to send the correct info to resolve this as reading above, it seems to have happened to several users.

Ok. I will send up the chain as high priority. Anyone that can send logs, send as ‘0 balance after restore’ for subject via faq. I believe improvements to restore will be included in next release in February.

I also had the same problem. I am using an iMac and a restart of the computer forced Daedalus to re-synch and then my balance appeared.

Why Ada don’t have a decent wallet in the first place? It does piss me off buying more and I will sell mine when the balance is showing in the wallet. Very very annoying and time wasting coin