Does This Accurately Symbolize Cardano?

If no one taught you what the red light and acid symbol means you would be just as confused as seeing the ADA symbol stamped on a bill or as a piece of street art.

The website that will accompany the movement will explain the meaning in a clear and concise manner.

“People who feel the need for some anarchy should better look for their own alternatives, and not use existing brands. Why not start the own movement as “Batac” a mix of Bit, Ada, Coin and Attack … ?”

There is no branding going on. ADA belongs to no company. “Adarchy” is a word I coined to represent the general ethos of: “Order without rulers”. It is it’s own identity.

Cardano is pretty “cool” from my perspective. I wear glasses though so my vision needs lenses to have normal vision.

I’ve experienced and witnessed that when one wants to be perceived as cool or some other type of social description in the eyes of others. That, that person kind of over does it and tries to hard and doesn’t look all that swell in the end.

I jotted some thoughts down during Thanksgiving a few months ago and wrote about Cardano.
One of those thoughts was that Cardano, in a sense, will be easier to install and implement successfully in a non/under developed nation residing in say Africa vs any state here in the US of A, or country in the EU is that location in Africa is1 or 2+ generations behind in the industrial revolution technology Dept. So they won’t be spending money on gutting and replacing the current system they have been using like we would need to do. I could be completely wrong and feel that Ive gone off topic slightly.
(It was bound to happen though, when we entered automation, some had just only entered the assembly line.) Japan and South Korea society with having a technological saavy standard of living will likely transition smoother than us. (Different time for this topic, haha)

Man, I don’t know what’s up with you guys. I love the Cardano Effect.
I mean it’s not like watching Heavy Metal 2000, Godzilla, or the 90s X-Men cartoon but I loves it.
I hope they eventually get a little trophy or something presented to them for what they do.
(As a whole Monty Python is hucking fillarious, but not every scene or piece of work is humourous.)

I’m only somewhere in my 30s, and did have a rebellious streak from my teens to until I joined the Army. Im perfectly chill and would rather not have Anarchy. I’d choose peace, calm, and the opportunity to eat a ribeye in comfort over Anarchy any day.

Although, I sure would like to own just 3 whole Bitcoin.
(Forgot where this played into the thread. But yeah, just three. 1 to pass down, one for a time capsule, one to spend and throw a heck of a BBQ/cook out/shin dig.)

Dopest thread I’ve come across today.

We

Marking effectiveness noted. : )

I like CH as much as you, but I wouldn’t worship him :slight_smile:

It’s admiration.

I stand corrected

1 Like

The symbol should state very simply “this is Ada”, whatever that may be. A logo alone will not make anything less boring.

The symbol should not state “this is the symbol for Ada, and it looks a lot like anarchy. We made it to resemble the symbol for anarchy because [‘the similarities…were too intriguing to pass up’] (as you put it in your original post), and also reasons like “people think Cardano is boring”.

The connection of Ada to anarchy based on the look of the logo is a gimmick, simply put. It isn’t necessary, and will not get you what you are hoping to achieve. When you place a gimmick before peoples’ eyes, they will see a gimmick.

2 Likes

Well then, let’s just all sit around and not market it at all. Let’s not try anything. Fuck it.

The apathy within society these days is disgusting.

1 Like

I don’t think apathy is what you’re detecting, Zenman. It’s a difference of opinion, which is most likely not so different anyway. Your heart is in the right place for sure.

The ideas floating around in this thread are proof that apathy is not present.

1 Like

Sorry Zenman, just haven’t had time to reply yet. I’ve been scratching my head to come up with something in support and i have got one or two design add on’s that i still need to do. Will post them here next week. But take them as a start of an idea or simple discard. But thank you for been so enthusiastic.

In what manner does one draw attention to something? How does someone make a thing interesting enough to another person to get that person to investigate that thing?

The Evolution is a movement taking a certain approach. There’s a lot more than a gimmick going on here. We’re talking about some deep Jungian collective consciousness shit going on. If people would only engage in this it could infect and affect the consciousness of the entire U.S. population. Ten minutes/day. Ten fucking minutes a day. Is that too much to ask?

Short sightedness and apathy.

In what manner does one draw attention to something?

You can draw attention to something in any way you see fit. Who can stop you? But that is not the question here. The subject of your OP is “Does This Accurately Symbolize Cardano?”. My answer is no, but mine is just one opinion. To clarify, I don’t see Cardano as a gimmick (I am an invested believer). But one could portray anything as a gimmick if they tried hard enough: “Buy Ada and all of your dreams will come true!”

I personally think (like most everyone here, no doubt) that we are at the beginning of a major societal shift with blockchain. While projects like Cardano are in development, large corporations are also in the process of developing their own blockchains, so as not to be dependent on other blockchain protocols. Realistically, the future that our society builds upon blockchains will be a mix of projects like Cardano, and also the blockchain tech that these huge corporations construct. There is no such thing as “winner takes all” here…which leads to your next question:

How does someone make a thing interesting enough to another person to get that person to investigate that thing?

As I see it, the attractiveness of Cardano should be in the eyes of developers who choose to program dApps on this platform. The real success of Ada is not getting people to buy it so the price goes up. The real success is for Cardano to be recognized for it’s superiority (c’mon Shelly, decentralization, etc), and then actually utilized. Programmers/Developers need to utilize the hell out of it, which will increase the Ada cash flow (crypto flow?), and as a result increase the value of Ada. So the value is inherent to the utility.

So take some of that graphic design ability and come up with some ads that speak to potential developers who will actually create a use case for Cardano. Appealing to people buying on the grounds that Ada is cool and exciting is bubble material. Appealing to people on the grounds that they’re supporting an ideology of anarchy is limiting at best, and possibly even a deterrent to certain developers. If it works well, people will want it. In the future, maybe Cardano will be so prevalent that people won’t even realize they are using a service built on the foundations of Cardano and your staked Ada will be the vehicle.

3 Likes

You obviously are speaking from the perspective of a millennial and/or devloper/computer guy.

I’m 49 and I don’t give a shit about apps or dapps. I care that the entire fiat based economy is on the verge of collapse and that the entire species is going extinct due to our own ignorance and apathy. I give a shit about the 99% that are getting fucked over by the 1% in power. And because I give a shit I’m going to try to inform and help the masses so that there will be fewer people shooting each other over a can of soup.

1 Like

You obviously are speaking from the perspective of a millennial and/or devloper/computer guy.

I am 40 and I work on tv shows. I often feel like a grown-up kid though, so you might be onto something there. Funny, I was wondering if you were a millennial, no offense. I guess it goes to show how our first impressions can be so wrong. I am just happy we see eye to eye on the important things.

1 Like

Don’t want you to get despondent zenman so decided to knuckle down and do what i said i would send next week. I hope it is some input that is helpful. But just a bit of input as i’m ken that you do your promotion work. You have passion and tons of it.

5 Likes

It’s all good. I need Cardano supporters who live in America to participate in the stamping of bills.

It’s not illegal. No one has ever gotten in trouble for stamping bills.

I see the dangers you are speaking about. On the other hand it was very often the case that the future was very different from what I expected it to be. Nowadays I try to prepare for different future situations. I ask myself always: “What if I’m wrong?” “Could some process not become relevant / being delayed?” For example, I wait since several years for peak oil. Some people say, it didn’t come so all the club of Rome guys are wrong. I don’t believe so. It will come some day and when it comes, we should be prepared. And very similar I see our financial system. Maybe it will break down tomorrow, maybe in five years, maybe a wonder happens and everything will go on for the next decade. Nowadays I actively try to leave my own filter bubble to get more information. Information that hurts me, that negates everything I belive in, and that sometimes shows me possibilities I didn’t see before. And I still try to dance my life, even on the top of a vulcano.

3 Likes

I believe Cardano is agnostic when it comes to state governments. However I do believe it can potentially support the vision of order without rulers.

1 Like

@Zenman. I’m 58. Totally agree your thoughts. Despite all accurate handy info about anarchy philosophy, for masses it remains equal to disorder, revolution, violence. For me, “decentralized” means the technical projection of anarchy. We are all investors here and we want to see ADA worth $ 19,783.06. Let’s remember that bitcoin was born as a solution to replace the greedy banks and (perhaps not) the desire to accumulate wealth overnight. Who would want to change an unfair world where he has the chance to become a millionaire with a more right one?

1 Like

Well I’m 65 and I’ve been some sort of radical for over fifty years.

The biggest single thing I’ve learned is that working things out from fundamentals up gives you no indication as to timing.

I still believe in most of my youthful ideals, the difference is that I no longer expect big changes soon.

But also, I’ve realized that, generally speaking, the slower the change, the less people get hurt by it. And people do get hurt by change, however good the eventual outcome.

People have been saying the current form of capitalism is unsustainable for many, many decades but despite booms and busts it’s still dominant, in fact more so than ever. Fiat isn’t going anywhere in a hurry either, there’s just far too much invested in it (both literally and metaphorically).

4 Likes