Last week, David Esser, Cardano Product Manager at IOHK, held an AMA as part of the new series of Live Cardano development updates. He started by giving project updates, like sharing the latest on the development progress demo videos, the new version of Daedalus to Cardano achievements on GitHub and on CV VC’s Top 50 report. He then dived into questions from the Cardano community.
Watch the full recording of the AMA with the YouTube link above or check out the list below that has all of the topics and questions that were covered. These are timestamped with the recorded video for easier viewing!
- Recent updates: The development progress demo video 1 & 2
Cardano 1.6.0: Daedalus 0.14.0 with Cardano SL 3.0.3
Read more: Cardano 1.6.0: Daedalus 0.14.0 with Cardano SL 3.0.3 - Release Notes
- UTXO - More details to come
- Daedalus new features - Visual theme selection
Recent news: Github activity report & CV VC report
Read more: Cardano Foundation is in CV VC Top 50 for the third time
- What do you think about the value utility of the price in ADA?
- Comment on Coinbase and Binance US
- How much ADA required on your own pool and what are the benefits for doing that in comparison to delegating your stake to another stake pool?
- What are the critical path items remaining and what are the risks?
- What is the picture of Daedalus and its long term goal?
- Do you plan to develop a lightweight version of the Daedalus wallet?
- With which strategy would you like to save or protect Cardano in the long run from high volume whales and traders?
- After Shelley comes out, how long will it take to the end of the Goguen phase? Will it continue to develop after 2020?
- Is that estimated for hard wallet support for Daedalus?
- The official roadmap is not updated very frequently. Can we get frequent updates?
- How often do you plan to do the updates?
- Will Yoroi support staking delegation after Shelley release?
- Do you have any plans for language support in Indo-Pakistan region?
- What is the current critical path and how confident are you that Shelley will be stable and reliable developed by the end of this year?
- Is there a lot of interests from Dapp developers in Goguen?
- What is the progress in Africa and Ethiopia?
- Both Cardano and current Ethereum now have 20 seconds of block settlement time. Why is Cardano not made with a higher transaction than the current Ethereum for 15?
- What about the old upgraded roadmap changes from what you presented in Cardano Effect broadcast?
- Will the system be resistance to quantum when the Voltaire phase is over?
- Do you have plans to introduce your own hard wallet equipment
- Where can we be updated when there is a Plutus ebook update?
- I wonder how non-tech people should vote on a future project to be built on Cardano
Can you introduce about Konfidio partnership?
Read more: Cardano Foundation Blog
- Any plans for mobile Daedalus?
- Any new unforeseen challenges discovered on testnet?
- Can you speak on interoperability ERC 20 token moving to Cardano with Goguen?