New Cardano website is now live

(Written by @Bakyt_CF, Global Director of PR and Communications, Cardano Foundation)

We are pleased to announce the launch of the new Cardano website! The new look Cardano.org is one of the deliverables of Project Renovare, the brand reappraisal exercise commissioned by the Cardano Foundation, ahead of the smart contracts rollout later this year.

After months of research, experimenting and testing, hard work and enthusiasm from everyone involved – Cardano Ambassadors, Cardano Foundation, the IOHK marketing team, McCann Dublin – we are keen for you to visit the new Cardano website. It will certainly evolve further and improve with time, with more languages added later.

The reappraised brand identity was applied to the new website and you will notice the refreshed color palette, typography, visuals and better navigation. The refreshed brand was also applied in all of the Cardano Virtual Summit: Shelley Edition collaterals, registration page and the digital ‘venue’. In short, we have started gradually rolling out the reappraised brand across the board.

Our main objective for the website redesign was to create a more intuitive, user-centric and easy to navigate resource for all things Cardano. Most importantly, we have brought previously scattered Cardano-related sources under one domain – thus, created a single source of truth for Cardano. We wanted to ensure it was easier to learn about Cardano, locate key information and find the most-needed resources for audiences both familiar with and new to Cardano.

The new Cardano.org has information organized by audience categories, applications, case studies, and showcases news and updates from all ecosystem members that you should not miss.

Please visit our new website, to explore what is there and to keep up to date on the latest Cardano news. We hope you like it. Let us know your thoughts…

P.S.: The Cardano Foundation’s new website is next in line to be revealed…

About the Cardano Foundation: The Cardano Foundation is an independent standards body that oversees and supervises the advancement of Cardano and its ecosystem. As the legal custodian of the protocol and the owner of the Cardano brand, it works to drive adoption and partnerships, grow the community, shape legislation and commercial standards, and ensure stakeholder accountability. The Foundation’s most crucial responsibility is driving adoption and implementing ideas on the Cardano platform. The Foundation is committed to working with key industries, contributing to the advancement of the technology and driving adoption with other systems. The Foundation contributes to the conversation and perception of blockchain, focusing on legislation, integration, awareness, and education – to ensure that blockchain can be accessed and understood by all. Find out more: www.CardanoFoundation.org

13 Likes

Way better than that old dark cyan/black website.
Here is an idea:

Make that globe on the start page displaying the current shelley relay nodes like:
https://ff.pooltool.io/network

Would look more cool.

2 Likes

The design is very distinctive and memorable. There may be heavy use of blue but I think the design really uses it well and makes it belong to the brand.

Most importantly the copy is well organized and made easy to understand, which is the most important thing right now for introducing Cardano to the world. Excellent first impression. Cardano has a bright future.

2 Likes

Hi @Bakyt_CF

It may be useful to preempt my feedback here by saying that this is not an expression of attachment for attachments sake – of clinging to something because of sentimentality or an innate dislike of change etc

It’s probably also useful to add that I don’t often voice my opinions online or in the negative in relation to Cardano. So, it is with some reluctance that I find myself here doing just that – albeit with the hope of initiating a sincere review of the results of this “brand reappraisal exercise”.

Unfortunately, on visiting the new website, I find myself asking:

what year is it?

what is the new website attempting to do, represent or convey?

what’s the story?

who is the audience?

is this a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth?

The new look and website do not seem to resonate with my (undoubtedly limited) understanding of Cardano, the aim of Project Renovare, the purpose of engaging McCann Dublin and the objectives described above in relation to the website redesign.

Sadly this new look feels repellent and like a misstep and I find myself thinking longingly about the relevance of Roger’s Diffusion of Innovations and the evolution of Apple (the brand) – in relation to the process of Cardano’s brand reappraisal.

Since its launch, Cardano’s visual presence has been on track as an evolving and beautiful thing. However belated, I would really prefer this post to exist as a celebration of the absolute beauty of Cardano’s previous incarnations and to draw upon the word beauty in its fullest form, as a multifaceted combination of aesthetics, functionality, integrity and more – fused together with coherence, purpose and meaning.

I hope that the excitement and delight that many of us in the community have experienced in response to previous design iterations reaches the people that created them – to everyone that contributed to Cardano’s design in the past – it was engaging, exciting and had a seemingly effortless innate beauty – thank you for the thrills while they lasted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Bakyt_CF

P.S.

Just a couple of quick points which need attending to:

• Home page on an iPad: I am right hand dominant – when I attempt to scroll – I find myself spinning the globe endlessly – it was necessary for me to consciously identify an area of the page (far left) which enables me to scroll
  • The initial appearance of the globe looks like a teaming mass of microbes which then transition into what looks like a viral particle – I imagine that these are not good associations to be making during a pandemic