What happened in CIPs last week?

Hello!

In this thread I will add brief summaries of the latest news in CIPs from the past week.

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

What happened in CIPs last week?

4 Likes

What happened in CIPs the week starting 17th Oct?

• CIP-XXXX | Set minPoolCost to 0 [New Proposed CIP]

• Set minPoolCost to 0.
    • Lots of community engagement on this on here.
  • CIP-XXXX | Fair Stakepool Reward [New Proposed CIP]

• This CIP presents changes to the reward sharing scheme - aiming to promote further decentralization and pool market fairness.
    • This is in a similar vein to the above CIP, with both suggesting changes to minPoolCost
  • Draft CIP-XXXX | Oracle Datum Standard [New CIP Draft]

• This draft proposal defines a data standard for oracles to follow when placing data on-chain, as well as consumers to read the datum of produced oracle feeds.
  • Draft CIP-XXXX | Parameterised Reference Scripts [New CIP Draft]

• This draft proposal presents overloading the reference scripts field, to create a proof which could be used to construct further scripts from.
  • Draft CIP-XXXX | DApp Registration [New CIP Draft]

• This draft proposal aims to standardize the process of metadata claims, dApp registration and verification.
  • CIP Editors Meeting #56 (happening Tomorrow):

• 25th October 8:30am UTC
    • Held on Discord - here.
    • Agenda to focus on Plutus and Plutus Core CIPs.
5 Likes

What happened in CIPs last week? (Week starting 24th Oct)

4 Likes

What happened in CIPs last week? (week starting 31st October) - not too much…

• CIP-01 & CIP-99 [CIP Process Improvement]:
    • Plenty of continued discussion here.
    • I continue to recommend checking this out!

Next meeting:

• CIP Editors Meeting #57:
  • 8th November 5pm UTC
  • Agenda TBC.
3 Likes

What happened in CIPs last week? (Week starting 7th Nov)

• I continue to recommend checking this out! :eyes:
  • CIP-XX | Transaction Serialization Deprecation Cycle [New CIP Proposal]:
    • This proposes a policy for how to manage the backwards compatibility of the binary format for transactions.
  • CPS-XX | Pointer Address Removal [New CPS Proposal]:
    • This problem statement describes the problems associated with the use of pointer addresses, introduced in Shelley. See CIP-19 on addresses.
  • Draft CPS-XX | Metadata Discoverability and Trust [New CPS Draft]:
    • This (first?) problem statement aims to illustrate the problem of the discovery and trust for off-chain metadata.
    • This is a wide interesting problem, I recommend a read :eyes:
1 Like

What happened in CIPs last week? – lots!

1 Like

What happened in CIPs last week? (Week starting 21st Nov)

• CIP-XX | Tiered Pricing [New CIP Proposal]:

• This proposal offers a specification for how to introduce tiered transaction fee pricing to Cardano.
    • This is a good read - I recommend checking this out!
  • CIP-XX | Delegated Spending Authorizations [New CIP Proposal]:

• This proposes to allow users to delegate authorized spending of outputs in their wallets to smart contracts or other users, without sending said outputs out of their wallets.
    • This seems like an interesting idea.
  • Draft CPS | Smart Tokens [New Draft CPS]:

• This draft problem statement tries to detail the issue around the ability to control a native token’s lifecycle, beyond forging.

Continued Recommendations:

• CIP-1694? | A proposal for entering the Voltaire phase [Continued Discussion]:

• This proposes a revision of Cardano’s on-chain governance system to support the new requirements for Voltaire.
    • This is a very important CIP for the future of the Cardano Ecosystem - so I will continue to recommend checking this out!
  • CIP-XX | Implement Ouroboros Leios to increase Cardano throughput [Continued Discussion]:

• This proposes the next evolution of Ouroboros being implemented in Cardano.
    • This is a very important CIP for the future of scaling Cardano - so I will continue to recommend checking this out!

• I continue to recommend checking this out!

Meeting:

• CIP Editors Meeting #58 (happening Wednesday):
    • 30th November 9:30am UTC
    • Agenda.
2 Likes

What happened in CIPs last week? (Week starting 28th Nov):

• CIP-??? | Decentralized WebRTC dApp-Wallet Communication [New CIP Proposal]:

• This proposal describes a decentralized communication method between dApps and wallets based on WebTorrent trackers and WebRTC.
    • This is an interesting proposal, offering a demo implementation.
  • CIP-??? | Merkelised Plutus Scripts [New CIP Proposal]:

• This proposal suggests changing how scripts are hashed, from hash of it’s serialisation to a hash of it’s immediate children’s hashes, forming a Merkle Tree from the AST.
    • This is an interesting proposal.
  • CIP-??? | Tune Parameters minPoolCost and K [New CIP Proposal]:

• This proposal suggests altering minPoolCost and K parameters in aims to reduce the amount of minimal pledge required to start earning favourable staking rewards.
  • CPS-??? | Properly burning NFTs / tokens [New CPS Problem]:

• This problem statement describes how an issue around the ability to burn NFT / tokens and release minUTxO (ADA) backing the NFT / token.
  • CPS-??? | On chain dApp and script audits [New CPS Problem]:

• This problem statement describes the issue of checking if a particular dApp version (release) or a given script has been audited by a certain auditing company / party from on-chain metadata.
    • This is an interesting problem, I believe it is in a similar vein to CPS-01.

Continued Recommendations:

Next Meeting:

• CIP Editors Meeting #59 (tomorrow):
    • 6th December 5:00pm UTC
    • Agenda TBC.
1 Like